|Total number of recipes found: 10|
|- 1 -|
- 1. Authentic Hummus
- Although, some cooks swear by this method of making hummus, I find this recipe (which uses dried garbanzos as opposed to the more convenient canned) only marginally better. It makes for a creamier pas...; Calories: 130; Time: 10 min.
- 2. Guacamole
- Guacamole makes a nice accompaniment to fajitas or you can serve it as a dip with chips. Make sure you use ripe avocados, but not ones that have turned too soft. Some people like to leave some of the ...; Calories: 132; Time: 10 min.
- 3. Hummus
- This Middle Eastern dip is mainly served as an appetizer, accompanied by pita bread. It can also be served as a side dish to a main meal. Garbanzo beans can be found in most supermarkets. They are som...; Calories: 476; Time: 10 min.
- 4. Labneh
- This Middle Eastern "yogurt cheese" (also known as as kefir cheese) is a daily staple in most Arab households. It is usually eaten with pita bread and zaatar (see also Manakeesh). The final quality of...; Calories: 2231; Time: 10 min.
- 5. Muhamara
- Muhamara is a spicy, nutty, Middle-Eastern red pepper paste that is reminiscent of Hummus in texture. It make a great dip. Pomegranate molasses is sold in most Mid-Eastern groceries, but I found mine ...; Calories: 40; Time: 15 min.
- 6. Salsa
- Salsa makes a nice accompaniment to fajitas, meats or you can serve it as a dip with chips. The flavor of the salsa will actually improve after a few hours.
...; Calories: 129; Time: 15 min.
- 7. Spinach Artichoke Dip
- This dip is supposed to be similar to the one served at the Olive Garden chain of restaurants. You can serve it with sliced bread, chips, or pasta.
...; Calories: 180; Time: 70 min.
- 8. Spinach,Artichoke, and Cheese Dip
- I think this recipe from California Pizza Kitchen will become the definitive spinach artichoke dip recipe for me. Ignore the "10 servings", four of us can finish it and still want more. Its very cream...; Calories: 341; Time: 35 min.
- 9. Tuscan Hummus
- This twist on the traditional Middle Eastern appetizer was inspired by something we ate at the California Pizza Kitchen. The basic difference between this and traditional hummus is that we used cannel...; Calories: 206; Time: 10 min.
- 10. Tzatziki
- This Middle Eastern appetizer works best with a really thick yogurt. If I can't find one off the shelf I usually strain the yogurt to drain some of the water. Tzatziki can be eaten as an appetizer wit...; Calories: 74; Time: 5 min.
|- 1 -|