|Total number of recipes found: 13|
|- 1 - 2 >> next >>|
- 1. Apricot Rice Pilaf
- This fragrant and sweet rice pilaf makes a good side dish for Middle Eastern foods. If you are in a hurry substitute white for the brown rice.
...; Calories: 417; Time: 70 min.
- 2. Eggplant Biriani
- Since this recipe is spice intensive, be sure to use quality spices. Or else the dish ends up tasting chalky. Top the biriani with vegetarian curry.
...; Calories: 333; Time: 70 min.
- 3. Hashway
- This is my mom's version of Hashway, an arabic rice stuffing, usually stuffed into poultry. I hated this dish while growing up, but I was not in the norm. Everyone loves it, even those who don't usual...; Calories: 709; Time: 35 min.
- 4. Indian Chicken Curry
- I found this recipe to be pretty inauthentic, but it tasted pretty good anyway. However, the abundance of spices gave it a powdery feel. I think I'll cut down on a few of those next time. Also, having...; Calories: 656; Time: 30 min.
- 5. Jamaican Chicken
- This rice, bean, and seasoned chicken salad is tops. Pickapeppa sauce is a sweet and sour, mild hot pepper sauce from Jamaica.
...; Calories: 812; Time: 30 min.
- 6. Lettuce Bundles
- Watch out, if you don't like spicy food, you might want to seriously cut back on the chile paste.
These appetizers also make a light, refreshing lunch. If desired, serve with some dipping sauces (ho...; Calories: 142; Time: 20 min.
- 7. Lowfat Kung Pao Chicken
- This dish is a great week night dish to make for those pressed for time. The measure of spices in this recipe make fore a medium hot dish, which of course, can be adjusted for a more mild or fiery dis...; Calories: 495; Time: 30 min.
- 8. Mjaddara
- This is a simple Middle Eastern dish mostly made of rice and lentils. The large amount of olive oil results in a very moist dish. You can eat it hot or cold. I also like it with yogurt.
...; Calories: 499; Time: 35 min.
- 9. Spinach, Blue Cheese, Walnut Risotto
- Don't dismiss this recipe because of the many "gourmet" ingredients, you can easily leave quite a few of them out. Its filling enough on its own, but a reduced portion makes a great accompaniment to a...; Calories: 326; Time: 60 min.
- 10. Stuffed Grape Leaves
- This traditional Middle Eastern dish (known as Warak Inab) is a lot of work. However, once you get the hang of the rolling technique it gets easier. The combination of the slightly acidic leaf, rice a...; Calories: n.a.; Time: 120 min.
|- 1 - 2 >> next >>|